Did my order go through?
- If you are not sure if your order went through, please check your inbox for a confirmation email from us. If you are a registered shopper, then you can login and then click on MY ACCOUNT for a list of your orders.
My card was charged before my order shipped, why?
- It is possible that we are having your order shipped directly from a manufacturer.*****
- For security reasons, your credit card is never passed to our company. It is pre-authorized through Authorize.net, your order is processed by us, and then your card is charged by this third party. However, we only have a 10-day window from when your order is pre-authorized to complete the transaction cycle. Therefore, if your item has not arrived at our company yet, but is expected, we will “prepay” your order so that the 10-day period does not lapse. If we are unable to get the product to you for whatever reason, we will happily issue a credit to your account. Call us at 800-341-2200 or CONTACT US with any questions that you may have.
Will you ship to an international address?
- We currently only ship to the US, Canada, and some regional islands. If you feel that you are a unique case and would like to do business with us on an ongoing basis only, please CONTACT US.
How can I tell if an item is in stock?
What happens if an item is not in stock?
- We will either special order or drop-ship the item(s), depending on the manufacturer’s policy. We will notify you, via email, as soon as reasonably possible of any delays.
Are the products on your website new or refurbished?
- All items are NEW unless specified as “Reconditioned” or “Used” in the product description.
I cannot find the item that I am looking for on your website.
- We have a lot of tools and accessories on our site, but not EVERY tool and accessory. As long as we are set up with the manufacturer of the item that you are looking for, then we would be happy to quote it for you. You can submit the inquiry through our Request Quote page.
How can I place my order?
- You can order online by adding the item to your cart, then proceeding into the checkout process.
- You can order by phone by calling us at 800-341-2200. We are open Monday-Friday from 7:30-5:00 ET, and on Saturdays from 8:00-12:00 (noon) ET.
- You can fax your order to 508-677-1300. Be sure to include your credit card info.
What is your return policy?
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return it to us for a prompt refund within 30 days. Please call or email for a return authorization number prior to sending any product back to us. Once we give you the authorization, send the return to:
Burns Tools Return Dept.
350 Mariano Bishop Blvd
Fall River, MA 02721
Product must be returned in saleable condition, unused, and in original packaging, including Universal Product Code (UPC), manuals and parts.
Please enclose a contact phone number and a copy of your invoice so that we may promptly credit your account. The customer is responsible for all freight charges back to Burns Tools. Please contact us for additional instructions.
In addition to our 30-day policy, we honor manufacturers’ "Satisfaction Guaranteed" policies.
Is it safe to order on your website?
- Our website employs 256-bit SSL encryption. This SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet.
Is my personal information kept safe?
- We keep your information PRIVATE and do not sell our mailing list to anyone. All personal information that you enter on burnstools.com is protected and used so that we can better serve you. We will not share your information with other companies or agencies for marketing purposes.
What is your shipping policy?
- We offer several options for your convenience, including Ground, 3-Day Select, 2nd Day Air, 2nd Day Air AM, Next Day Air Saver, Next Day Air, and Next Day Air Early AM. Estimated charges will calculate when you checkout. We cannot guarantee the estimate, but you will be notified immediately of any discrepancy between actual shipping cost and the calculated shipping cost via email.
Large items (over 150 lbs) can only ship via freight truck, and many will have special flat-rates. Expedited shipping for these items is not available.
Any “Free Shipping” promotions (such as Festool’s $150+ promo) are for Ground shipping only within the contiguous United States. You can certainly select a faster shipping option by choosing something other than “Ground” from the drop-down menu at checkout.
Most orders placed before 1:00 PM EST ship that same day. This is subject to the item being in-stock. You will be notified via email of any significant delay.
Will I be charged sales tax?
- No tax applies to orders delivered outside of Massachusetts & Rhode Island. Deliveries within these two states are subject to local sales tax on order total. Sharpening & Labor Services are not taxed.
Only select items and brands can be shipped internationally. On international orders, we do not add international tax, tariffs or duties to orders. It is solely your responsibility to pay these fees, if applicable.